The Philosophical-Theological College at the Seminary in Brixen/Bressanone
dates back to the reorganisation of theological studies by the Council of Trent (1545-1563). In 1607
the seminary was founded, and in 1764-1772 it received a new building with a large library and seminary church. In the course of time, several renovations and extensions took place
. The last extension with rooms for library, college and church music school
was built in 1988-1990.